I hope you all got a chance to check out the New Years printable I posted yesterday! If not it’s not too late, you can always fill it out today! Everyone in our house filled one out last night (okay, technically I filled them out for everyone as I asked the questions). Here’s mine:
2013 was a decent year, though a trying year.
Take more pictures! I take a LOT of pictures, but I want to make more of an effort to get out of the house, and out of our yard and explore more of our “backyard” and get lots and lots of pictures of the area! Plus, I would not complain if more people wanted to give me money to take their picture. (see goal #4)
I miss blogging! I miss interacting with my bloggy friends! Sadly part of that problem is that my bloggy friends are no longer blogging. Whuck?! Why is that? I know part of the reason I fell of the bandwagon originally was due to both time and privacy worries. I am working on solutions and compromises that might help with both those issues.
In 2013 I lost almost 40 pounds. YEAH BABY! It was reeeaaally close to 40 pounds, like 39.5! And then Christmas hit and I gave myself permission to do whatever … and I haven’t yet been brave enough to check out the damage but my guess is that my final loss was closer to 35 pounds (hopefully not worse than that!)… I will let you know, eventually.😉 That’s pretty great still! And I am working my way back to eating healthier again. Though I have had some candy today. Shh! Baby steps. And did I mention that my husband lost approximately EIGHTY pounds this year?! And still going. He has taken up running, and started lifting weights again. So besides his awesome weight loss he is also building muscle.
Financially we need to make some big changes, somehow. I lost my job in 2012 and spent a year looking for jobs. Hundreds of applications, and a handful of interviews later I started babysitting for a family friend. It’s not a bad gig, the little girl is adorable and our kids adore her. Can’t beat the commute! But it’s not a particularly profitable gig either. I need to either add another child to watch this year, or figure something else out. I have high hopes for 2014 in that respect!
My husband gave me this goal. When he suggested it I couldn’t deny that it was a good one for me, so I went ahead and added it. I am going to try to figure out how to become more patient. With him, with the kids, with myself, and with the rest of the world.
A few things I learned about the kids doing this:
- The boy picked black for his favorite color. The girl picked red. I’m not sure she understands the concept of “favorite” or not, but she picked a color and that’s awesome.
- The boy’s favorite movie or show is Ariel Mermaid, and it really truly is. He is beyond obsessed with sea animals, and therefore with mermaids. We watch Ariel a couple times a week, and he is currently in his room for “quiet time” (what big kids take instead of naps) singing the part of the movie where Ursula steals Ariels voice. The best way I can describe that with text is: “ah-ah-ah, Ah-Ah-Ah, AH-AH-AH!” The girl picked Caillou.
- The boy’s favorite food is apparently fruit snacks, while the girl chose ice cream.
- They both said their favorite outing was the zoo.
- The boy would like to learn about camping, and he wants to try fishing. So, it sounds like we’ll be camping and fishing this year. That’s a pretty reasonable request from a year. The girl lost interest in the questions before we got to these and said she’d like to go “ABC’s” and wants to learn “ABC, 123”. One of those answers accidentally made sense! (She was impressed that I was writing ABC’s at the time.)
And both kids got some goals for the year:
1) Use the potty
2) Pick up toys
3) Share with friends
4) Be nice to others
and they each have a different last goal.
Boy 5) Start school this year (pre-K)
Girl 5) Big Girl Bed!
Share your answers in the comments! And if you want to be my bloggy friend, be sure to leave your link.